- University of Central Florida
Lake Mary, Florida, USA
Bachelor of Science
University of Maryland College Park, Maryland
Hobart College, New York
Doctor of Medicine:
Autonomous University of Guadalajara Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
For more than 25 years, Dr. Victor Lawrence Roberts has treated patients with diabetes, thyroid disorders, and metabolic conditions. In 1988, Dr. Roberts founded Endocrine Associates of Florida, P.A. In his new Lake Mary, Florida office he offers state-of-the-art technology, including the latest blood sugar monitoring devices and insulin pump programs, a professional team including nurse practitioners and support staff, nutritional counseling, and expert care. A certified diabetes educator, Dr. Victor L. Roberts is a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and the ABIM, subspecialty of Endocrinology, Diabetes, & Metabolism.Dr Roberts served as a Principal Investigator for 22 years, most recently Endocrine Clinical Research in Winter Park, Florida. In this capacity, he conducted clinical research for numerous pharmaceuticals produced by major companies such as Pfizer Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novo Nordisk A/S, and Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc. He has also written articles and abstract on gestational diabetes, blood-glucose monitors, diabetic foot complications and other topics. A bilingual physician, Dr. Roberts has completed similar articles written and published in Spanish.As an educator, Dr. Victor Roberts has served as a volunteer Clinical Instructor in the Departments of Medicine at The University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School. Currently, academic volunteer faculty appointments include Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Clinical Professor of Clinical Sciences, Florida State University College of Medicine. He also serves as Clinical Professor of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida. At the University of Central Florida College of Medicine, he is a member of the prestigious Dean’s Aesculapian Society.Dr. Victor Roberts also holds board certification with the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians. Dr. Roberts is a member of the Central Florida Medical Reserve Corps (deployed in the event of a natural or man-made disaster) and fellowship status with the American College of Endocrinology, the American Institute for Healthcare Quality, and the American College of Physicians.
|2001||Clinical Professor of Medicine|| Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine
|2006||Clinical Professor of Clinical Sciences|| Clinical Professor of Clinical Sciences
Florida State University College of Medicine
|2008||Professor of Internal Medicine|| University of Central Florida College of Medicine
Department of Medical Education Orlando, Florida
|2010||Dean's Aesculapian Society||University of Central Florida College of Medicine|
|2001||Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice|| University of Florida College of Pharmacy
|2006||Clinical Professor of Pharmacy Practice||University of Florida College of Pharmacy Gainesville, Florida|
Endocrine & Diabetes Associates
Texas Medical City Dallas Hospital Dallas, Texas
|1987-1988||Co-Medical Director||Diabetes Treatment Centers of America R.H. Dedman Memorial Medical Center Dallas, Texas|
|1988-Present||President and C.E.O||Endocrine Associates of Florida, P.A.|
|1988-2010||Principal Investigator||Endocrine Clinical Research Florida|
|2014 - present||Principal Investigator||Endocrine Clinical Research Florida|
|1994-1998||Chief of Staff||Lucerne Medical Center Florida|
|2001-2009||Chief, Division of Endocrinology||Department of Medicine Orlando Regional Medical Center|
|1985||Parkland Memorial Hospital University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Dallas, Texas|
|1985||Medical City Dallas Hospital Dallas, Texas|
|1985||R.H. Dedman Memorial Hospital Dallas, Texas|
|1988||Medical Director Diabetes Care Center Lucerne Medical Center|
|1991||Vice-Chief of Internal Medicine, Lucerne Medical Center|
|1992||Chief of Medicine Lucerne Medical Center|
|1994-1998||Chief of Staff Lucerne Medical Center|
- Roberts, Victor L. (date). Diabetes Mellitus: An overview with emphasis on the pathophysiology of the diabetic foot – Vasculopathy, Neuropathy and Infection. (1988, Oct).IM – Internal Medicine for the Specialist: 88: 2-8. (Special issue for Boston Symposium on diabetic foot infections).
- Roberts, Victor L. (1996). Diabetes – A Four Article Symposium.Postgraduate Medicine. 99. 3: 104-105.
- Davidson, Jaime A. & Roberts, Victor L. (1996). Gestational diabetes-Ensuring a Successful outcome. Postgraduate Medicine, 99, 3: 165-172.
- Roberts, Victor L.: Los estadounidenses de origen hispano y la diabetes. Diabetes Care (Suplemento en Espanol). November 1999; 15.
- Roberts, Victor L. (1999,Nov.). Tratamientofarmacologicoactual de la diabetestipo 2: sulfonilureas, meglitinidas, biguanidas, inhibidores de la α-glucosidasa y tiazolidinadionas.Diabetes Care (Suplemento en Espanol). 16-19.
- Roberts, Victor L. (2000, March). Avances en el manejo de la diabetestipo 2: Tratando la resistencia a la insulina. MC ComunicacionesMedicas. 1-14.
- Howard, Bradley & Roberts, Victor L.(2002, Nov.). Growth hormones for growth hormone deficiency in adult patients.Pharmascripts: Orlando Regional drug information service,VII:XI.
- Lake, B., Maher, I., Melis, M., Robets, V.L., Stewart, J., (2005). Triple therapy with Glimepiride in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus inadequately controlled by Metformin and a Thiazolidinedione: Results of a 30-Week, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study. Clinical Therapeutics.
- Bailey, T., Bergenstal, R., Chang, D., Gylvin, T., Lewin, A., Roberts, V.L., (2009).Efficacy and safety of biphasic insulin aspart 70/30 versus exenatide in subjects with type 2 diabetes failing to achieve glycemic control with Metformin and a Sulfonylurea.Current Medical Research and Opinion. , Vol. 25 (1), 65-75.
- Statement by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Consensus Panel on continuous glucose monitoring.
- Thomas C Blevins, Bruce W Bode, Satish K Garg, George Grunberger, Irl B Hirsch, Lois Jovanovič, Elizabeth Nardacci, Eric A Orzeck, Victor L Roberts, William V Tamborlane, Caitlin RothermelEndocrPractVol 16, (5) Sept-Oct , 730-745..
- ACE/AACE consensus conference on the implementation of outpatient management of diabetes mellitus: consensus conference recommendations.
- Harold E Lebovitz, Mary M Austin, Lawrence Blonde, Jaime A Davidson, Stefano Del Prato, James R Gavin, Yehuda Handelsman, Paul S Jellinger, Philip Levy, Matthew C Riddle, Victor L Roberts, Linda M Siminerio
- Endocrine practice : official journal of the American College of Endocrinology and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. 12 Suppl 1:6-12.
- Road maps to achieve glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus: ACE/AACE Diabetes Road Map Task Force.
- Paul S Jellinger, Jaime A Davidson, Lawrence Blonde, Daniel Einhorn, George Grunberger, Yehuda Handelsman, Richard Hellman, Harold Lebovitz, Philip Levy, Victor L Roberts
- Endocrine practice : official journal of the American College of Endocrinology and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. 13(3):260
- Lynn S. Pellegrino & Victor L. Roberts. (1989). Pilot study: Comparison of blood glucose monitors. Orlando, Florida (published in Diabetes as Proceedings for National Meeting)
- Roberts, Victor L. (1996). Use of Metformin in Patients with NIDDM. Clinical Diabetes 14:70
- Zinn, A.R., Prueitt, R.L., Papenhausen P.R., Roberts, V.L., & Ross, J.L.(1999). : Short stature and premature ovarian failure in proximal Xp. The American Journal of Medical Genetics:
- Roberts, Victor L., Stewart John, Issa Maher, Lake Barbara, &Melis Robert.(2004) : Efficacy and safety of Glimepiride in patients with Type 2 Diabetes Uncontrolled on Metformin/Thiazolidinedione Combination Therapy. ADA Abstract.