Professor of Cancer Genetics
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Buffalo, New York, USA
|Postdoctoral Fellow||1993-1997||The Rockefeller University, USA|
Dr. Toru Ouchi is a graduate from the Osaka University School of Medicine. After postdoctoral training at the Rockefeller University, he started his lab at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine of New York University to study molecular mechanism of mammary tumor development of BRCA1-deficiencet cells. In 2012, he joined Roswell Park Cancer Institute from University of Chicago as Member and Professor of Oncology.
He is involved in Cellular and Molecular Biology Graduate Program and Genetics, Genomics and Bioinformatics Graduate Program of University at Buffalo. He is chairing the Systems Biology Lecture Series.
- Genome-instability associated Tumor Biology
- Signal Transduction and Systems Biology in Stem Cells and Differentiation
- Translational Research using Mouse Model of Human Cancer
- Genome Methylation and Transcription
- Cancer Metabolism
Dr. Ouchi’s laboratory investigates mechanisms of human carcinogenesis using series of transgenic/knockout mouse model. His group also studies stem cell/differentiation program. Approaches of the research include Cancel Biology, Systems Biology and Genomics.
Project 1: BRCA1/ATM Pathway and BRAT1 Function in Carcinogenesis
Project 2: Mechanisms of Differentiation from Hematopoietic Stem Cells
Project 3: Small Compound Application for Mouse Model of Human Cancer
Project 4: Genome Methylation Associated Regulation of Transcription
Project 5: Novel Metabolism Regulation in Cell-Cell Contact and Differentiation
|1997-1998||Adjunct Professor||The Rockefeller University, USA|
|1998-2004||Assistant Professor||Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, USA|
|2004-2006||Associate Professor||Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, USA|
|2006-2008||Associate Professor||Northwestern University, USA|
|2009-present||Visiting Professor||National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan|
|2009-present||Visiting Professor||Saitama Medical School, Japan|
|2009-2010||Associate Professor||University of Chicago, USA|
|2010-2011||Professor||University of Chicago, USA|
|2011-present||Professor||Roswell Cancer Institute Park, USA|
|2011-present||Professor||State University of New York at Buffalo, USA|
- Member, American Association for Cancer Research
- Member, The American Society for Cell Biology
- Member, American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Member, America Society of Clinical Oncology
- Editor-in-Chief: Journal of Cancer Biology & Research (2013-present)
- Editor-in-Chief: International Journal of Cancer Research and Development (2014-present)
- Editor-in-Chief: J. of Molecular and Medical Oncology (2014-present)
- Editor-in-Chief: Int. J. of Cancer Research and Molecular Mechanisms (2014-present)
- Advisory Board: Reactive Oxygen Species (2015-present)
- Executive Editor: International Journal of Biological Sciences (2006-present)
- Ouchi, M. and Ouchi, T. (2014) Distinct DNA Damage determines Differential Phosphorylation of CHK2, Cancer Biology and Therapy, in press.
- So, E.-Y., and Ouchi, T. (2014) BRAT1 deficiency causes increased glucose metabolism and mitochondria metabolism, BMC Cancer, 14, 548.
- So, E.-Y., and Ouchi, T. (2014) Decreased DNA repair activity in bone marrow due to low expression of DNA damage repair proteins, Cancer Biology & Therapy, 15, 906-910.
- So, E.-Y., Kozicki, M. and Ouchi, T. (2013) Roles of DNA damage response proteins in mitogen-induced Thp-1 differentiation into macrophage, J. Cancer Biology and Research, 1, 6.
- So, E.-Y., and Ouchi, T. (2013) The poptential role of BRCA1-associated ATM activator-1 (BRAT1) in regulation of mTOR, J. Cancer Biology and Research, 1, 3.
- Shionome, Y, Lin, W.-H., Shiao, H.-Y., Hsieh, H.-P., Hsu, J.T.-A. and Ouchi, T. (2013) A Novel Aurora-A Inhibitor, BPR1K0609S1, Sensitizes Colorectal Tumor cells to 5-Fluorofracil (5-FU) Treatment, Int. J. Biol. Sci., 9, 403-411.
- Shionome, Y, Yan, L., Liu, S., Saeki, T. and Ouchi, T. (2013) Integrity of p53 associated pathways determines induction of apoptosis of tumor cells resistant to Aurora A kinase inhibitors, Plos ONE, 8, e55257.
- Shih, H.-J., Chu, K.-L., Wu, M.-H., Chang, W.-W., Chu, J.-S., Wang, L. H.-C., Takeuchi, H., Ouchi, T. and Hsu, H.-L. (2012) The involvement of MCT-1 oncoprotein in inducing mitotic catastrophe and nuclear abnormalities, Cell Cycle, 11, 934-952.
- Ausman, M. and Ouchi, T. (2012) Deregulation of the DNA response pathway by intercellular contact, J. Bio. Chem., 287, 116246-16255.
- Ausman, M., So, E.-Y., and Ouchi, T. (2012) DNA damage induces reactive oxygen species generation through the H2AX-Nox1/Rac1 pathway, Cell Death Dis, 3, e249.