Department of Cardiology
University of Toronto
|1982||MD||University of Manitoba, Canada|
|1986||FRCP (C)-Internal Medicine||University of Toronto, Canada|
|1987||Cardiology Certification||University of Toronto, Canada|
|1989||MSc||University of Toronto, Canada|
|1991||FACC||American College of Cardiology|
Dr. Anatoly Langer graduated from the University of Manitoba in 1982 and completed his Internal Medicine and Cardiology training at the University of Toronto in 1987. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and Canadian Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons.
After two years as a Heart and Stroke Foundation Research Fellow he became a director of the Coronary Care Unit at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto, Canada. In 1996 Dr. Langer founded Canadian Heart Research Centre with the goal of improving the care of cardiovascular patients through clinical trials research, physician and patient education and information sharing.
Areas of interest and research include pathophysiology and management of acute and stable coronary syndromes as well as treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Ontario Medical Association
- Canadian Atherosclerosis Society
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- International Society for Heart Research, North American Section
- Langer A, Fettes I. Multifocal Eosinophilic Granuloma with a Pituitary Stalk Lesion. West J Med 1985;142(6):829-831.
- Langer A, Freeman MR, Armstrong PW. ST Segment Shift in Unstable Angina: Pathophysiology and Association with Coronary Anatomy and Hospital Outcome. J Am Coll Cardiol 1989;13(7):1495- 1502.
- Marmur J, Freeman MR, Langer A, Armstrong PW. Prognosis in Medically Stabilized Unstable Angina: Early Holter ST Segment Monitoring Versus Predischarge Exercise Thallium Tomography. Ann Intern Med 1990;113:575-579.
- Langer A, Freeman MR, Armstrong PW. Relation of Angiographic Detected Intracoronary Thrombus and Silent Myocardial Ischemia in Unstable Angina Pectoris. Am J Cardiol 1990;66:1381-1382.
- Freeman MR, Langer A, Kanwar N, Morrison M, Armstrong PW. Quantitative Analysis of Exercise Single Photon Emission Computerized Thallium Tomograms -Detection of Coronary Disease and Reversibility. Am J Cardiac Imaging 1990;4:231-238.
- Langer A, Wilson RF. Comparison of Manual vs Automated Edge Detection for Determining Degrees of Luminal Narrowing by Coronary Angiography. Am J Cardiol 1991;67:885-888.
- Langer A, Freeman MR, Josse RG, Steiner G, Armstrong PW. Detection of Silent Myocardial Ischemia in Diabetes Mellitus. Am J Cardiol 1991;67:1073-1078.
- Langer A. Atherosclerotic Plaque Rupture and Acute Ischemia. CMAJ 1991;144:1633.
- Fallen EL, Armstrong PW, Cairns J, Dafoe W, Frasure-Smith N, Langer A, Massel D, Oldridge N, Peretz D, Tremblay GJL, Williams WL. Report of Canadian Cardiovascular Society Consensus Conference on the Management of Post Myocardial Infarction Patients. CMAJ 1991;144:1015-1025.
- Langer A. Perioperative Silent Myocardial Ischemia. N Engl J Med 1991;324:1594 (letter to the editor).
- Freeman MR, Langer A, Wilson RF, Morgan CD, Armstrong PW. Thrombolysis in Unstable Angina: Randomized Double Blind Trial of tPA and Placebo. Circulation 1992;85:150-157.
- Hegele R, Freeman MR, Langer A, Connelly PW, Armstrong PW. Acute Reduction of Lipoprotein(a) by Tissue-Type Plasminogen Activator. Circulation 1992;85:2034-2038.
- Langer A, Burns RJ, Freeman MR, Liu P, Morgan CD, Wilson R, Armstrong PW. Reverse Redistribution on Exercise Thallium Scintigraphy: Relationship to Coronary Patency and Ventricular Function After Myocardial Infarction. Can J Cardiol 1992;8:709-715.
- Langer A, Minkowitz J, Dorian P, Casella L, Harris L, Morgan CD, Armstrong PW. Pathophysiology and Prognostic Significance of Holter Detected ST Segment Depression After Myocardial Infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol, 1992;20:1313-1317.