Professor of Pharmacology and Oncology
Neurologist at the National Institute of Neurology
C. Mondino” of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Phone: 39 0382 3801-380316
|1985||Diploma of Specialization in Clinical Neurophysiology||University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy|
|1997||Degree in Medicine and Surgery||Neurological Clinic of the University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy|
Raffaele Manni MD, is a Neurologist at the National Institute of Neurology “C. Mondino” of Pavia, Italy. He was born in Pavia in 1953, he got his degree in Medicine in 1977 from the University of Pavia and completed a Neurology residency at the same University in 1981. He has been a staff neurologist at the Neurophysiology Unit of the Institute C. Mondi no since 1981, setting up the Sleep Laboratory of the Institute in the mid-eighties. He has been running the Unit of Sleep Medicine and Epilepsy of the Institute C. Mondino since 2002 and he was and still is an active member in a few Scientific Societies.
- Sleep-Related Epilepsy
- Sleep Disorders-Epilepsy co morbidity
- Movement Disorders during sleep
- Sleep in Neurodegenerative diseases
- Sleep and Headache
- Narcolepsy and other central hyper somnias Obstructive Sleep Apnea Parasomnias Insomnia
|2002||Head of the Unit of Sleep Medicine and Epilepsy, National Institute of Neurology-IRCCS “C. Mondino”, Italy|
|1990-2001||Assistant Chief Physician, Department of Clinical Neurophysiology|
|1981-1990||Specialist Assistant, Department of Clinical Neurophysiology 1981-1990, setting up the Sleep Laboratory of the Institute of Neurology “C. Mondino”, Italy|
|1980||Training at Epilepsy Centre at Institute of Neurology “C. Mondino” on a grant of Ministry of Public Health, Italy|
|1978||Training in Clinical Neurological Practice at department of Clinical Neurology. University of Pavia, Italy|
Membership for Professional Organizations
|Member of the Scientific Committee of the Italian Association of Sleep Medicine (Associazione Italiana di Medicina del Sonno: AIMS). Past Secretary of. Now probo viro.|
|Member of the Scientific Committee of the European Sleep Research Society (ESRS). Past member of the Scientific Committee for two mandates|
|Member of the International Idiopathic REM sleep Behavior Group (IRBDSG)|
|Member of European Insomnia Network|
|Member of the European Academy of Neurology sleep-wake disorders panel|
- Chronotype in patients with epilepsy: A controlled study in 60 subjects with late-onset focal epilepsy. Manni R, Cremascoli R, De Icco R, Terzaghi M. Epilepsy Behav. 2015.
- Cognitive performances and mild cognitive impairment in idiopathic rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder: results of a longitudinal follow-up study. Terzaghi M, Zucchella C, Rustioni V, Sinforiani E, Manni R. Sleep. 2013 Oct 1.
- Episodic Cluster Headache: NREM Prevalence of Nocturnal Attacks. Time to Look Beyond Macrostructural Analysis? Terzaghi M, Ghiotto N, Sances G, Rustioni V, Nappi G, Manni R. Headache. 2010 Mar 26.
- Complex paroxysmal nocturnal behaviors in Parkinson's disease. Manni R, Terzaghi M, Repetto A, Zangaglia R, Pacchetti C. Mov Disord. 2010 Mar 2.
- Motor-behavioral episodes in REM sleep behavior disorder and phasic events during REM sleep. Manni R, Terzaghi M, Glorioso M. Sleep. 2009 Feb 1.
- The FLEP scale in diagnosing nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, NREM and REM parasomnias: data from a tertiary sleep and epilepsy unit. Manni R, Terzaghi M, Repetto A. Epilepsia. 2008.
- Cognitive performance in REM sleep behaviour disorder: a possible early marker of neurodegenerative disease? Terzaghi M, Sinforiani E, Zucchella C, Zambrelli E, Pasotti C, Rustioni V, Manni R. Sleep Med. 2008 May.
- REM sleep behaviour disorder in elderly subjects with epilepsy: frequency and clinical aspects of the comorbidity. Manni R, Terzaghi M, Zambrelli E. Epilepsy Res. 2007 Dec.
- Sleep-related minor motor events in nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy. Terzaghi M, Sartori I, Mai R, Tassi L, Francione S, Cardinale F, Castana L, Cossu M, LoRusso G, Manni R, Nobili L. Epilepsia. 2007 Feb.
- Interictal, potentially misleading, epileptiform EEG abnormalities in REM sleep behavior disorder. Manni R, Terzaghi M, Zambrelli E, Pacchetti C. Sleep. 2006 Jul 1.