Associate Professor of Pharmacy
University of Connecticut
|DEGREE||Completion Date||FIELD OF STUDY||INSTITUTION AND LOCATION|
|B.Ch.E||May-92||Chemical Engineering||Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India|
|M.S.Ch.E||May-96||Chemical Engineering||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India|
|Ph.D.||May-00||Mechanical Engineering||New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ|
|Postdoctoral||7-Jan||Chemical Engineering||Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ|
Bodhi Chaudhuri is an Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Institute of Materials Science (IMS) at University of Connecticut. He got his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from New Jersey Institute of Technology after he obtained his MS and BS both in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and Jadavpur University, Calcutta respectively. He performed postdoctoral research in Pharmaceutical Engineering at Rutgers University and has 3 years of industrial experience. His group's research is focused on solving problems of pharmaceutical significance with a rigor of multi-scale engineering approaches. He has published more than 50 journal articles, book chapters, and conference proceedings. He acts as an editorial board member for Advanced Powder Technology, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and several other international journals. He has given more than 10 invited talks in academia and industry. His research has been funded by NIH, FDA, NSF-CPPR, American Cancer Society, PhRMA, Pfizer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Astrazeneca and Physical Sciences Inc. He has consulted to several pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in USA and overseas. He has participated in activities of AIChE, ASME, AAPS, AACP, NAMF, and ACS. He received PhRMA Foundation Award and Young Investigator Award from FDA in 2010 and 2013 respectively.
Pharmaceutical Engineering, Particle Technology, Multi-scale Modeling, Discrete Element Method, Computational Fluid Mechanics, Transport Phenomena, Complex Fluids, Pharmacokinetics, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Graphics.
|2000 Lead||Email Systems/ Engineer II||Skytel Communications, Jackson, MS|
|2000 - 2002||Software Engineer||National Engineering, Arlington Heights, IL|
|2002 - 2006||Postdoctoral Research Associate||Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ|
|2006 - 2007||Research Associate||NSF ERC in Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ|
|2007 - 2013||Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences||University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT|
|2007 - 2013||Assistant Professor, Institute of Materials Sciences||University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT|
|2013 - present||Associate Professor, Pharmaceutical Sciences||University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT|
|2013 - present||Associate Professor, Institute of Materials Sciences||University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT|
Honors & Awards
- E. Sahni, B. Chaudhuri, “Numerical Simulations of Contact Drying in Agitated Filter-Dryer,” Chemical Engineering Science, 97, 34-49, 2013.
- E. Sahni, R. Bogner, B. Chaudhuri, “Systematic Investigation of Parameters Affecting Contact Drying in an Agitated Filter Dryer,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 102, 7, 2198-2213, 2013.
- S. Naik, R. Malla, M. Shaw, B. Chaudhuri, “Investigation of Comminution in a Wiley Mill: Experiment and DEM Simulations,” Powder Technology, 237, 338-354, 2013.
- S. Sarkar, B. Chaudhuri, “Electrostatics Effects in Granular Materials,” Powders and Grains, 7, 117-121, 2013.
- S. Sarkar, J. Cho, B. Chaudhuri, “Mechanisms of Electrostatic Charge Reduction of Granular Media with Additives on Different Surfaces,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, 62, 166-175, 2012.
- E. Sahni, B. Chaudhuri, “Contact Drying: A Review of Experimental and Mechanistic Modeling Approaches,International Journal of Pharmaceutics,” 434, 1-2, 334-348, 2012.
- J. Cho, Y. Zhu, K. Lewkowicz, S. Lee, T. Bergman, B. Chaudhuri, “Solving Granular Segregation Problems Using a Biaxial Rotary Mixer,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, 57-58, 42-50, 2012.
- E. Sahni, B. Chaudhuri, “Experimental and Modeling Approaches in Characterizing Coating Uniformity in a Pancoater: A Literature Review, Pharmaceutical Development and Technology,” 17, 2, 1-14, 2012.
- E. Sahni, J. Hallisey, B. Morgan, J. Strong, B. Chaudhuri, “Quantifying Drying Performance of Filter Dryer: Experiments and Simulations, Advanced Powder Technology,” 23, 239-249, 2012.
- E. Sahni, B. Chaudhuri, “Estimation of Coating Variability under Optimal Coating Conditions in a Pan Coater, International Journal of Pharmaceutics,” 418, 286-296, 2011.