|1990||M.Sc.||(Veterinary Science),The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Firat, Turkey|
|1996||Ph.D.||(Epidemiology), The School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bristol, UK|
Professor Burhan Çetinkaya is currently working at the Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey. Burhan obtained Veterinary Medicine and MSc degrees in 1990 in Turkey and a PhD in Epidemiology at the University of Bristol, UK in 1996. During his four year stay at the UK, he acquired theoretical and practical knowledge on basic and advanced epidemiology.
He has been working as research scientist and senior lecturer -teaching veterinary epidemiology- at Firat University since 1997. Over these years, he has been involved in a total of 18 research projects as either project leader or as researcher. Burhan has conducted a significant number of field studies related to observational and molecular epidemiology of infectious animal diseases with particular attention to zoonotic infections. He has had over 50 publications in peer reviewed international journals on the prevalence, incidence, geographical distribution, genetic relationships and farm/animal based risk factors of a variety of infectious diseases.
Molecular epidemiology of infectious animal diseases with particular attention to zoonotic infections (e.g. Mycobacterium, Mycoplasma, Brucella, Coxiella, Campylobacter).
Member of Committees
|1996||Member of Turkish Veterinary Microbiology Society|
|2008||Advisory Board of “Journal of Veterinary Medicine, University of Kafkas”|
|2016||Editorial Board of “Journal of Veterinary Science”|
|1992-1996||Research scientist, The Epidemiology Group, University of Bristol|
|1996-2000||Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Firat|
|2000- 2006||Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Firat|
|2006-||Professor, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Firat|
- Çetinkaya, B., Egan, K., Harbour, D.A., Morgan, K.L. (1996). An abattoir-based study of the prevalence of subclinical Johne’s disease in adult cattle in south west England. Epidemiology and Infection, 116:373-379.
- Çetinkaya, B., Erdogan, H.M., Morgan, K.L. (1997). Relationships between the presence of Johne’s disease and farm and management factors in dairy farms in England. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 32:253-266.
- Çetinkaya, B., Erdogan, H.M., Morgan, K.L. (1998). Prevalence, incidence and geographical distribution of Johne’s disease in cattle in England and Welsh borders. The Veterinary Record, 143: 265-269.
- Çetinkaya, B., Öngör, H., Muz, A., Ertaş, H.B., Kalender, H., Erdoğan, H.M. (1999). Detection of Brucella species DNA in the stomach content of aborted sheep fetuses by PCR. The Veterinary Record, 144: 239-240.
- Çetinkaya, B., Kalender, H., Ertaş, H.B., Muz, A., Arslan, N., Öngör, H., Gürçay, M. (2000). Seroprevalence of Coxiellosis in cattle, sheep and humans in the east of Turkey. The Veterinary Record, 146: 131-136.
- Çetinkaya, B., Karahan, M., Atıl, E., Kalın, R., De Baere, T., Vaneechoutte, M. (2002). Identification of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis isolates from sheep and goats by PCR. Veterinary Microbiology, 88: 75-83.
- Çetinkaya, B., Öngör, H., Karahan, M., Kalender, H., Lorenzon, S., Thiaucourt, F. (2003). An abattoir-based survey of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia in cattle in Turkey. The Veterinary Record, 152: 254-258.
- Öngör, H., Çetinkaya, B., Açık, M.N., Atabay, H.İ. (2004). Investigation of Arcobacters in Meat and Faecal Samples of Clinically Healthy Cattle in Turkey. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 38: 339-344.
- Açık, M.N., Çetinkaya, B. (2005). The heterogeneity of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli strains isolated from healthy cattle. Letters in Applied Microbiology 41: 397-403.
- Açık, M.N., Çetinkaya, B. (2006). Heterogeneity of Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli strains from healthy sheep. Veterinary Microbiology 115: 370-375.
- Jones, P.H., Farver, T.B., Beaman B., Çetinkaya, B., Morgan, K.L. (2006). Crohn’s disease in people exposed to clinical cases of bovine paratuberculosis. Epidemiology and Infection 134: 49-56
- Karahan M., Çetinkaya, B. (2007). Coagulase gene polymorphisms detected by PCR in Staphylococcus aureus isolated from subclinical bovine mastitis in Turkey. The Veterinary Journal 174: 428-431.
- Çetinkaya B, Kalin R, Karahan M, Atil E, Manso-Silván L, Thiaucourt F. (2009). Detection of contagious caprine pleuropneumonia in East Turkey. Rev. Sci. Tech. 28: 1037-1044.
- Karahan M, Kalin R, Atil E, Çetinkaya B. (2010). Detection of Mycoplasma bovis in cattle with mastitis and respiratory problems in eastern Turkey. The Veterinary Record 166: 827-829.
- 15 Kalin, R., Ongor, H., Çetinkaya B. (2012). Isolation and molecular characterization of Escherichia coli O157 from broiler and human samples. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 9: 313-318.
- Açık M.N., Karahan M., Öngör H., Çetinkaya, B. (2013). Investigation of virulence and cytolethal distending toxin genes in Campylobacter spp. isolated from sheep in Turkey. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 10: 589-594.
- Açık M.N., Karahan M., Öngör H., Karagulle B., Çetinkaya, B. (2013). The first isolation of Campylobacter lanienae from chickens. Revue de Medecine Veterinaire 164: 368-373.
- Ongor H., Bulut H., Çetinkaya B, Akan M., Tonbak S., Mor S.K., Goyal S.M. (2015). Detection of astrovirus, coronavirus and haemorrhagic enteritis virus in Turkeys with poult enteritis mortality syndrome in Turkey. Journal of Poultry Science 52: 232-237.
- Mehmet Nuri Açık, Hayati Yüksel, Aykut Ulucan, Burhan Çetinkaya (2016). The first experimental research on the pathogenicity of Arcobacter butzleri in zebrafish. Veterinary Microbiology, 189:32-38 (2016).
- Huseyin Yilmaz, Eda Altan, Utku Y. Cizmecigil, Aydin Gurel, Gulay Yuzbasioglu Ozturk, Ozge Erdogan Bamac, Ozge Aydin, Paul Britton, Isabella Monne, Burhan Cetinkaya, Kenton Morgan, Bonto Faburay, Juergen A. Richt,G, and Nuri Turan (2016). Phylogeny and S1 Gene Variation of Infectious Bronchitis Virus Detected in Broilers and Layers in Turkey. Avian Diseases, 60:596-602 (2016).