Professor of Surgery
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
- Master in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, University of Alcala, 2008.
- Expert Certificate in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery by the Spanish Bariatric Surgery Society (SECO).
Jaime Ruiz-Tovar, MD, PhD, is General and Digestive Surgeon at University Hospital Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid-Spain), where he is specialized in bariatric surgery. Professor of Surgery at Universidad Rey uan Carlos. Secretary of the Surgical Infections Section of the Spanish Surgical Society. Head of the Bariatric Surgery section of the ERAS-Spain group (Enhanced Recovery after Surgery). He actually leads several investigational projects focused on bariatric surgery and surgical infections.
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Metabolic effect of bariatric surgery
- Electrical neurostimulation as alternative bariatric procedures
- Prophylactic measures against surgical site infection
- Specialist in General and Digestive Surgery at University Hospital Ramón y Cajal Madrid (Spain).
- Head of the Bariatric Surgery Unit at University Hospital Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid - Spain)
- Permanent member of the Obesity Committee at University Hospital Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid - Spain)
- Responsible for Unit of Neurostimulation for the treatment of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders at Garcilaso Clinic (Madrid)
- Professor of Surgery. University Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid – Spain).
- Updates in hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery. University Hospital Ramon y Cajal (Madrid). March 2009.
- 1st Symposium in laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. General University Hospital Elche. February 2011.
- 1st Symposium of Obesity for General Practicioners. General University Hospital Elche. April 2013.
Member of Scientific Societies
- Member of the Spanish Society of Surgeons
- Secretary of the Surgical Infection section of the Spanish Society of Surgeons.
- Head of the Bariatric Surgery Section of the Spanish Fast Track Surgery group
- Member of the Spanish Bariatric Surgery Society (SECO)
- Member of the International federation for Surgery of Obesity (IFSO)
- 303 Communications to Congresses
- 126 Publications in Scientific Journals
- Author of 8 books
- Author of 34 book chapters
- 9 Research Grants awarded