CATEGORY 1 (Full length published articles in refereed journals)
- Neil MJ, Conacher C. Bilateral delta phalanx of the proximal phalanges of the great toes. A report of an affected family. J.BONE JOINT SURG (Br) 1984 Jan; 66(1): 77-80.
- Citron ND, Neil MJ. Dorsal wedge osteotomy of the proximal phalanx for hallux rigidus: Long term results. J.BONE JOINT SURG (Br) 1987 Nov; 69(5): 835-7.
- Lettin AWF, Neil MJ, Citron ND, August A. Excision arthroplasty for infected constrained total knee replacements. J.BONE JOINT SURG (Br) 1990 Mar; 72(2): 220-4.
- Hill DA, Lennox AF, Neil MJ, Sheehy JP. Evaluation of TRISS as a means of selecting trauma deaths for clinical peer review. AUST.N.Z.J.SURG. 62: 204-208, 1992.
- Drinkwater CJ, Neil MJ. Optimal timing of wound drain removal following total joint arthroplasty. J.ARTHROPLASTY 10: 185-189, 1994.
- Neil MJ, Solomon MI. A technique of revision of failed acetabular components leaving the femoral component in situ. J.ARTHROPLASTY 11: 482-3, 1996.
- Neil MJ, Howard M, Brighton R. Tension band wiring of the fractured pelvis: a case report. ORTHOPAEDICS INTERNATIONAL EDITION Vol 4, No.4: 1, Jul/Aug, 302-4, 1996.
- Neil MJ, Popoff I. The “Eggcup” Method of harvesting femoral head bone graft. J. ARTHROPLASTY 12: 711-2, 1997.
- Yu Y, Walsh WR, Sonnabend DH, Yang JL, Bonar F, Markovic B, Bruce WJM, Kohan L, Neil MJ. Cytokines and Matrix Metalloproteinases mRNA Expression in Archival Human Tissues from Failed Total hip Arthroplasty Using in Situ Hybridization and Color Video Image Analysis. BULLETIN HOSPITAL FOR JOINT DISEASES Vol 57 Number 1, 23-9, 1998.
- Bachmeier CJM, March LM, Cross MJ, Lapsley HM, Tribe KL, Courtenay BG, Brooks PM, Neil MJ and Outcome Project group. A comparison of outcomes in osteoarthritis patients undergoing total hip and knee replacement surgery. OSTEOARTHRITIS AND CARTILAGE 9, 137-146. 2001.
- Joseph JE, Low J, Courtenay BG, Neil MJ, McGrath MM, Ma DDF. “A single-centre prospective study of clinical and haemostatic risk factors for venous thromboembolism following lower limb arthroplasty”. BRITISH JOURNAL OF HAEMATOLOGY. 05/2005; 129(1):87-92.
- Joseph JE, Courtenay BG, Neil MJ, McGrath MA, Ma DDF. The homozygous thermolabile variant of methylene-tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR C677T) is an independent risk factor for “early” post operative deep venous thrombosis in patients undergoing lower limb arthroplasty. JOURNAL OF HAEMOSTASIS AND THROMBOSIS .2006 (Article in press).
- Hermann S, Datta B, Matfulli N, Neil MJ, Walsh WR. Mechanical properties of reconstructed Achilles tendon with transfer of peroneus brevis or flexor hallucis longus. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF FOOT AND ANKLE SURGERY 2007 (Article in press).
- O’Donnell TMP, Neil MJ. The Repicci II Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty: 9-year Survivorship and Function. CLIN ORTHOP RELAT RES. 2010; 468: 3094.
- O’Donnell TMP, Chung WK, Neil MJ. Periprosthetic Stress Fractures at the Sleeve/Stem Junction of the Sivash-Range of Motion Modular Femoral Stem. J.ARTHROPLASTY 2011; 26:633-8.
- O’Donnell TMP, Neil MJ. Revision of Minimal Resection Resurfacing Unicondylar Knee Arthroplasty to Total Knee Arthroplasty - Results compared with primary total knee arthroplasty. J.ARTHROPLASTY 2013; 28:33-39
CATEGORY 2 (Full length articles in non-refereed journals)
- Neil MJ, Bates EH. Foot and ankle disorders in children. PATIENT MANAGEMENT. Nov, 1987.
- Neil MJ. Surgical treatment of Osteoarthritis of the Knee. PROCEDINGS ST. VINCENT’S CLINIC. Vol.2, No. 2:7-9. Dec 1994.
- Neil MJ. Minimally invasive Unicompartmental knee replacement performed as an outpatient procedure: 6 years experience. PROCEDINGS ST. VINCENT’S CLINIC. 2004.
- Tan SD and Neil MJ. Modern treatment options for cartilage defects in the knee PROCEDINGS ST. VINCENTS CLINIC. 2007.